Our sustainable finance solutions
Morseff-CAP Energie Programme
BMCE CAP ENERGIE is a financing facility for private sector companies, enabling them to acquire equipment and/or invest in projects to reduce energy consumption by comparison with the status quo (‘business as usual’) or gain access to renewable energy.
It is an all-in-one financing solution comprising a loan or lease, free of charge technical assistance and an investment subsidy.
Targeted sectors and investments
- Manufacturing (food processing, chemicals & specialty chemicals, metals & metallurgy, textiles & leather, electrical & electronics)
- Tertiary (hotels, clinics, schools, shopping centres)
- Property development (commercial real estate)
- Transport (industrial, commercial)
- Small-scale stand-alone renewable energy projects
Financing adaptation to climate change – Ligne Bleue (water) and Ligne Verte (solid waste)
A credit facility has been arranged with international sponsors comprising dedicated technical assistance to help finance industrial waste water treatment in Morocco.
An innovative MAD 20 million financing facility has been arranged with international sponsors to fund solid waste management projects in Morocco.
Green Bond issue
On 4th November 2016, BMCE Bank Of Africa received regulatory approval from the Moroccan Capital Markets Authority (AMMC) to raise MAD 500 million by issuing Morocco’s first ever ‘green bond’.
It was the first time that a ‘green bond’ had been issued via a public offering on the domestic market. It was aimed at bolstering BMCE Bank of Africa’s socially responsible credentials in environmental protection, financing the nation’s eco-responsible projects and protecting natural resources.
SRI mutual fund
The FCP Capital ISR fund is the first socially responsible fund to be launched within the MENA region.
- The underlying assets of this fund are selected on the basis of research and recommendations provided by Vigeo Eiris, an independent agency, which assigns non-financial ratings to the world’s largest listed companies.
- The Fund enables investors to invest in a vehicle which complies with their own ethical convictions while taking into consideration ESG criteria.
Over the 18 month-period since FCP Capital SRI was launched by BMCE Capital Gestion, its only SRI fund until now, the fund has gained +19% in performance terms versus a return of +9.8% for the equity market as a whole.
For further information, please click on this link